The intent of this grant program is to provide funding to schools and teachers for reading initiatives. This grant program is available to all teachers and schools in the Haywood County School system. First Citizens Bank is committed to providing financial opportunities for the schools to address direct reading instruction or reading in the content area. This grant program will assist our teachers in providing high quality reading programs. $2,000 will be available for grants this year.
- Grant applications will be accepted through Friday, October 1, 2021
- Grant awards will be made by the Haywood County Schools Foundation by November 30, 2021.
- Grant applications must be complete in order to be considered for funding.
- Grant requests generally should not exceed $200.00.
- Partial funding may be provided.
- First Citizens Bank personnel may visit classes to observe projects.
- Copies of invoices may be requested by the Haywood County Schools Foundation Executive Director.
- Requests should be submitted electronically using the below form.
The First Citizens Bank Reading Grant Application will be screened for funding by the Allocations Committee of the Haywood County Schools Foundation Board. The Allocations Committee will recommend funding to the Haywood County Schools Foundation Board based on instructional educational value, realistic goals and objectives, budget and activities which have a positive and direct influence on students. The decision of the Haywood County Schools Foundation Board is final.
APPLICATION Deadline: Friday, October 1, 2021